Another year has passed, and I'm 30 now. Today I decided that I wanted to collect all the good things that have happened between my last and current birthday. What's more, from now on, I'd like to do this every single year. This list is a reminder to my future self, but it also gives you some insight into my life. So, here's the list I came up with:
- I was put on the Forbes 30 under 30 list in 2019.
- In October 2019, I recorded two more classes for KelbyOne: The Best Retouching Secrets Uncovered and The Secrets to Properly Convert Your Images to Black & White.
- After receiving our green card, my wife and I moved to 🌴 Los Angeles.
- I also moved my company, Gild Studios to LA. It is now based out of Beverly Hills.
- Gild Studios is now a creative production studio — we do CGI, post, and photography, among other things.
- On an unrelated note, we also worked with Amazon at the beginning of the year. That was cool.
- During the quarantine, I started streaming mini-classes about retouching on Twitch.
- And I've gone back to my roots and picked up React, Next.js, and Nuxt.js. In fact, this site is made Next.js but more on that later.
- Most importantly, I've been 💑 married to the most amazing woman in the world for 1589 days now.
Apart from remembering these small successes, I'd like to keep this new blog running. I'm going to be posting new articles about all the things I find interesting, whether it's coding, retouching, or something else. These will be my public notes. They might just help someone in the future.